Five facts to celebrate the official opening of T4 Changi Airport
Benoy is proud to celebrate the official opening of Terminal 4 at Changi Airport in Singapore today.
The award-winning terminal began its operations on 31 October 2017 and today marks its ceremonial, official opening in Singapore. Benoy¡¯s Global Director Trevor Vivian and Director and Head of Singapore Terence Seah were at the event hosted at T4 to celebrate this latest milestone.
To mark this occasion, here are five interesting facts you should know about the terminal and its design:
- There are half a million plants, trees and shrubs inside T4, making it the greenest terminal at Changi Airport
- Of the 186 tall trees in the terminal, the tallest is an aralia tree found in the Arrivals Hall
- 1.6 million passengers transited through the terminal in the first three months of operation
- Retail and dining are at the forefront in T4 with over 80 outlets for passengers and guests to explore
- To ensure durability and ultimate comfort, the seating in T4 was tested an amazing 50,000 times
Since opening, T4 has garnered much attention and recognition for its user-centric design and breakthrough in streamlining the travel experience. High-profile awards programmes such as The Prix Versailles, Asia Pacific Property Awards, Singapore Design Mark and the President¡¯s Design Awards in Singapore have all recognised T4 and its vision to redefine the travel experience for passengers.
Benoy is the Concept Designer and Interior Designer behind the two-storey, 225,000 m2 terminal.